Monday, October 19, 2009

The Morning After
































I first photographed this old stone building in 2006 on my New Jersey backroads travels. The resulting piece became "Shelter from the Storm" with the drying cornstalks trailing off into the tall grass in front. I never seem to remember to document the location of the subject for future reference (note to self- document locations!!) in case I want or need to revisit so I was pleasantly surprised when I came across it again this year. The scenario was totally different. The cornstalks and grass were down revealing trees and fields in the background that weren't visible the first time around. The new image seemed to lend itself to minimal color and starkness that became "The Morning After".

No comments:

Post a Comment