Thursday, April 3, 2014

Unexpected Surprises!

It's so nice to have a day that seems to be charmed for some reason.  My other half, Tom and I drove down to Shrewsbury, NJ to pick up my prints from the "EyeSights" show at The Guild of Creative Art.  When we pulled up to the toll booth on the Garden State Parkway, the attendant informed us that the car in front of us had paid our $1.50 toll!  Thank you to that very nice person!  At the gallery, I learned that not only had I won Best in Show for "The Treasure Chest" but received a Judges Special Merit award-Silver for "The Locket" as well (it seems the second award wasn't announced at the opening due to some discussion as to whether an artist could receive 2 awards in the same show)!  What a wonderful surprise!  So on the way home we stopped and bought 2 lottery tickets.  Hey, you never know!


No comments:

Post a Comment